Chicago SU 690, Chicago SU 691, Chicago SU 697, Evanston
VISTA Meeting Detail
Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 7:30 pm
Marisa Naujokas, Manager and Cadette Troop Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org 847-332-2829
Sara Sullins, Finance Manager, Cookie Manager, Regional Trainer Specialist, Trainer, Leader, Delegate email@example.com
Paula McKernan, New Leader Trainer and Mentor firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan Sarkor, Registrar email@example.com
Lindsay Hayden, Council SUVA/VISTA Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Opening: Honoring Glenda.
2) Council News. Our Council staff is working overtime to help with cookies! This year applications for leader awards (Outstanding Leader, New Found Treasure, etc.) will be due in March. Forms will be sent out soon.
3) EVGS Cabinet Transition. Unfortunately I will be stepping down as EVGS manager at the end of this year. It is an honor to work with such a wonderful community of committed volunteers and girls, but my other obligations have increased to the point that I need to focus on those things. I will be very involved with the cabinet and support our new EVGS leaders next year. Remember that the job can be shared, and you can make it work for you. Please consider volunteering at the cabinet level. Everyone is welcome to come to my house for an EVGS cabinet meeting on Wednesday, March 2, 7:30-9 pm. 1108 Maple in Evanston. Come to have some wine and learn about what we do. There is also a Council gathering on Saturday, March 19, for service unit-level volunteers to learn about goings-on and share ideas and experience. Anyone interested in going should contact me at email@example.com.
4) Cookies! Cookies! Cookies! Thank you to everyone for making cookie delivery day work! Thanks for all your patience and cooperation as we all adapted to the unexpected change. Now we move into site sales. Remember to respect the business that is allowing your sale. And the more involved the girls are, the more cookies they will sell. The trailer cookie schedule has been set (see the pdf). This is an opportunity for you to buy more cookies by the case should you need more. You pay for the cookies at the trailer when you get them, and choices are limited to what is available at that time. Contact cookie team members below with any questions. Manager: Sara Sullins firstname.lastname@example.org 847-733-2953 Site Sale Coordinator: Joan McCance email@example.com 847-673-8879 Delivery Day Coordinators: Becky Zwolinski and Rachel Sobel firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Incentives Coordinator: Caroline Miller firstname.lastname@example.org 847-869-1939
Dates of importance:
Site sales begin tomorrow and end March 20
Trailer cookie sales
All paperwork due to be dropped off at 1108 Maple porch box on March 24
5) New EVGS Sing-along!! All are welcome, so come SING WITH US! Silly songs, beautiful songs, classic GS songs & camp songs, campfire songs and more. We will have song sheets and tons of fun SINGING and learning some of the best songs all Girl Scouts should know. Leaders are invited to come with or without their troops. “Sing-Along” patches will be available for $1 per patch. RSVP by Sunday, March 13 to Caroline Miller with the number of patches you’ll need: 847-869-1939 or email@example.com.
6) Registration. Jan Sarkor, our registrar, asks that all leaders turn in any remaining paperwork to her: White copies of registration forms, white and yellow copies of dues summaries and validated deposit slip. She will be completing an audit of missing paperwork over the next few weeks and contacting leaders. It's more important than ever to turn in the forms for any new registrations as we are no longer doing data entry. firstname.lastname@example.org.
7) Ski trip patches. Our annual ski trip was a huge success. Thanks to Mary Therese Staub and Sheila Carothers for organizing the trip. Patches will be sent out next week.
8) February is Have a Heart month! It is an Evanston tradition that troops do a service project with people who might otherwise be overlooked at this time of year. Think about valentine activities with senior citizens or put extra effort into helping the homeless. We had no volunteer for patches, so you can order patches on your own. February 22 is GS Thinking Day!! The theme this year is: girls worldwide say "empowering girls will change our world." http://www.girlscouts.org/who_we_are/global/world_thinking_day/ GS Sunday is March 6th.
9) Brownie/Daisy Ice Skating is coming up in February! The cost will be $3 per girl. The flier was sent out today. Contact Lisa Kaplan with questions: email@example.com Saturday, February 26th from 7:15 -8:15 pm Skokie Skatium at 9300 Weber Park Place in Skokie
10) Trainings. For any GS training requests or information to start new troops, please contact Paula McKernan, 847.475.1715, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Sara if you are interested in sharing your knowledge and becoming a trainer! email@example.com.
12) Next meeting March 10, 2011. We will have two guest speakers next month. Traci Tobergate from Council will come to talk about transitioning to journeys, and a representative from Junior Achievement will come to talk about great programs that they have for girls of all ages to encourage entrepreneurship. JA has packages put together for each age group for some great activities.