Vista 6 Thinking Day (HOSTING)
WHO: All Vista 6 Scouts (Hosting a Country)
WHAT: Visiting Countries Around the World
WHERE: Collins Elementary School
407 Summit Drive; Schaumburg
WHEN: Friday, February 19, 2010
6:45 – 9:00 p.m.
COST: $2.00 per scout
$1.00 per adult/leader
Patches included for scouts
Wander through Europe, Asia, South America and visit Girl Scouts and Girl Guides in different countries. Experience different customs, foods, crafts, songs, etc. that fellow Girl Scouts and Girl Guides do in their native countries.
WHAT TO PROVIDE:
· SWAPS representing the country chosen
· Activity for girls to do while visiting your country
· Song, skit, presentation for the end of the evening (brief is best!)
· 3-panel display board showing pictures, flag, scout uniforms, levels of scouts or anything of scouting interest form country chosen
· SMALL snack from country – please avoid nuts of any kind!!
· PLEASE NOTE: I will provide a bag for SWAPS, the event patch, a passport and the stickers for the passport from your country. I will provide a number of girls closer to the event. Plan on 125 SWAPS for now
SERVICE: Bring a donation cereal for the Schaumburg Food Pantry!
HOW: Return the attached permission slip along with payment made payable to “Vista 6” to your leader. NO payments can be made at the door.
LEADERS: Please remove this portion of the flyer before forwarding to your scouts. THIS FLYER IS FOR TROOPS HOSTING ONLY (not just attending). Return the roster along with payments to Julie Rhodes no later than Tuesday, February 9th. Items can be dropped off at 215 Woburn Lane in Schaumburg. I do have a Girl Scout mailbox outside my front door so feel free to leave items there. Questions, please contact Julie at WJAMJH@aol.com or 847-917-7424.