Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Niles, Park Ridge, Skokie
Mandatory Changes in Banking Procedures
Saturday, May 30, 2009 -
Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana
Mandatory Changes in Procedures/Requirements
for all Girl Scout Troops
due to the restructuring of our local council (i.e. legal issues)
Please read the letter below.
If you have any questions, please contact Carolynn C. (Park Ridge) VISTA 5 Finance Manager Ambassador
Please click on the Registration/Permission button below to download the 6-page handout, and follow up with your bank.
Due to the change in our council name (from Illinois Crossroads to Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana), all troops are required to change troop and school checking accounts. This is necessary for Girl Scouts to maintain legal requirements. Keep in mind that all “old” councils that are now part of our “new” council are required to change their accounts. I know it seems cumbersome, but with reading the attached, the transition should be smooth. Please contact me if you have questions.
- Bring the attached 6-page handout to the bank with you. If questions arise while you are there, call the Vernon Hills number (847-573-0500) and talk to (or have the bank representative talk to) someone in the Finance Department.
- Note the new council name (Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana), tax ID #36-3871241, and your new troop number that must be on file at the bank.
- Our new troop numbers are five digits. The troop number will always begin with a 4, followed by 0s where needed to make up a five digit number. (NOTE: these new #s are for paperwork related items only. Do not change the girls’ vest/sashes!) For example, troop #75 now becomes #40075. Another example is Troop #3613 becomes #43613.
- The Bank Information Submission sheet (page 3) must be completed within 5 days of making the changes at the bank, and can be faxed (847-573-0400) or mailed to the Vernon Hills Regional Service Center at 650 N. Lakeview Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061.
- Banks will vary on how to comply with this change, which is why I recommend that you bring in this 6-page handout. All the information is in there.
- If your account is at TCF (at Devon and Canfield), I have arranged to make this process easier. Please call Erika Yost at 847-823-2159 before going to the bank. She will take down your Girl Scout information and have the paperwork ready for you when you arrive. TCF accounts are being required to close out the current account and re-open under the new standards (due to their legal requirements).
- TCF is waiving the check printing fee for all Girl Scout troops making this change. If you bank at another bank, I would mention this to them to see if they might also waive the new check printing fee.
Carolynn C. (Park Ridge)
VISTA 5 Finance Manager Ambassador