Des Plaines, Mount Prospect, Prospect Heights, Rosemont
Service Project Opportunities
- American Cancer Society Reach for Recovery Tote Bag
- Annual Candlelight Vigil for Homeless Youth
- Chicagoland Head Huggers - Make caps for kids undergoing chemotherapy treatments. Representatives are willing to provide cap patterns, yarn, cloth, and host lessons. For more information, contact Kathi at 773-981-4592.
- Operation Christmas Child - They are offering free badges for participation. A representative is willing to make a presentation at a VISTA meeting. Contact Connie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Connie is a the North Suburban Chicago Area Team Coordinator for this project.
- Bright Hope’s "Hope For Haiti" food drive pack out is needing volunteers, age 8+, to work in two-hour shifts at their Hoffman Estates facility (near Barrington Road and I-90) October 22-25. They have literally tons of food to pack and send for distribution to the poorest and most-malnourished children in Haiti. For more information or to sign-up, visit http://www.brighthope.org/group_resources/hope4haiti.php.