Registration Deadline VISTA 3 International Fair
Sunday, February 1, 2009 -
St. Colette's Parish Center, Rolling Meadows
International Fair presented by Senior Troop 1031
“Around the World in One Day”
Who: Girl Scouts of all ages
When: Saturday, February 14, 2009 10:00 a.m. - 1:00p.m
Where: St. Colette Parish Center, 3909 Pheasant Drive Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
Cost: $1.00 per girl for troops presenting a country; $2.50 per girl for troops that are only “visiting” & $1.50 per patch
The International Fair is a tradition within the Girl Scout program. The friendship and diversity themes remind us that we are an international family of Girl Scouts and Girl Guides, and this event gives us the opportunity to learn about the customs, crafts, activities, and games of our sister Girl Scouts around the world.
Sign Up Procedure and Event Information
1. Please download and fill out the registration form, choosing three countries your troop may be interested in representing. You will be notified promptly of assignments based on the order of receipt of registrations.
2. Your presentation should include visuals (e.g., poster with country information) and an activity (food tasting, game, craft, dance, etc.). All exhibits should reflect the culture of the chosen country and, if possible reflect girl guides within that country. Please try to limit the amount of tape or sticky tack that is used. Tri-fold boards, easels, etc., are best. Each troop will be responsible for cleaning up their area at the end of the fair.
3. Wearing of Girl Scout uniform, vest, t-shirt, etc., is strongly encouraged unless the girls are dressing in costumes representative of their country.
4. The program will include cultural presentations (all troops are welcome to present dance, song, skit, etc., from their chosen country) and visitation of booths representing cultural diversity. Please advise if your troop would like to make a presentation.
5. The United States may not be chosen as a country.
6. A “passport” will be issued to each girl attending the fair, so your booth/presentation should include a stamp or sticker to mark each passport.
7. Please register as “visitors” if you are not presenting a country, but still plan to attend the event.
8. Forms and check payable to Troop 1031 should be sent to Barb B. (Contact Barb for mailing address or questions at V3_EventCoorPart4@gsvista.org). Registrations are due by February 1, 2009.
9. A complete packet with additional information and guidelines will be distributed prior to the event.
Click to download registration/permission documents for this event