Palatine, Rolling Meadows
Palatine Food Pantry Food Drive Door Hangers Posted
Saturday, September 13, 2008 -
Palatine VISTA 3 region
Annual Palatine Food Pantry Food Drive
VISTA 3 will once again participate in the annual food drive for the Palatine food Pantry. Please advise if you will be participating again, and what streets you are requesting. Even if every girl in our area would just tag her own street we would have so much food. Please forward to your troops and advise how many tags you would need.
For the new troops or troops that have not done this before:
- Pick up door tags from Gina Falconetti.
- Write in date of pick up (9/20)
- The tags read: please have your donation of food on your porch by 11am on Saturday.
- On the week before the actual food drive the girls tag the houses they will later pick bags up from, walking the block and area tagging.
- On Saturday Morning starting at 11 am and as late as 1 pm, parents drive the area to pick up the packages left on the porch.
- Count the pieces of food and deliver to pantry.
- There will be a log at the door, write your troop number and number of items you are dropping off.
If there are older girls (at least 5th grade) that need service hours, they are welcome to work at the pantry to sort the food items and help unload cars if needed. Please contact me directly if you are interested in helping sort.
Feel free to call me with questions 847 471 5886 firstname.lastname@example.orgGina Falconetti