Palatine, Rolling Meadows
Please use the links below to contact individuals regarding questions about the following topics:
- Adult Recruitment Ambassador—POSITION OPEN—v3_MgrUWAmb@gsvista.org—Directs recruitment of long-term and episodic (short-term) adult volunteer members to work with girls or other adults; works closely with the girl membership ambassador, family involvement ambassador, and the registration ambassador; forwards membership registration forms and membership registration fees to registration ambassador; processes background check forms to council; calls and verifies four (4) references; forwards registration information to learning opportunities ambassador.
- Community Sponsorship Ambassador—POSITION OPEN—v3_MgrUWAmb@gsvista.org—Coordinates with council’s community partnership campaign staff manager to give organizational presentations (women’s groups, Rotary, collaborators); becomes very familiar with all six recruitment and service delivery options that occur in all communities within the VISTA.
- Cookie Program Activity Ambassador—POSITION OPEN V3_CookieAmb@gsvista.org—This volunteer is the point person to the council Product Program Group and has ultimate accountability for the Cookie Program with the VISTA. She/he supervises the Motivator, Order Coordinator, and Site Coordinator Partners for each community with the VISTA.
- E-mail Coordinator—Renee M—v3_EmailCoord@gsvista.org—Coordinates and manages all of the VISTA 3 Leader e-mails. Sends out e-mail blasts when needed, as requested by VISTA Team members.
- Event—Palatine Street Fest—POSITION OPEN—Coordinates the VISTA 3 Palatine Food Pantry Drive in the Fall.
- Event—DCFS Christmas Stockings—Barb B @ V3_EventCoorPart4@gsvista.org—Organizes the DCFS Christmas Stocking event for needy kids.
- Event—International Fair—Barb B @V3_EventCoorPart4@gsvista.org—Coordinates the VISTA 3 International Fair in March.
- Event—PADS—Anne B @ V3_EventCoorPart1@gsvista.org—Coordinates the PADS table placemat and display service project in Sept-May 1.
- Event—Palatine Food Drive—Gina F @ V3_GirMemAmb@gsvista.org—Coordinates the VISTA 3 Palatine Food Pantry Drive in the Fall.
- Event—Spring Camporee—Renee M @ V3_IntComAmb@gsvista.org—Coordinates the VISTA 3 Spring Camporee in April.
- Event—Roller Skating Party—Teresa I—V3_EventCoorPart3@gsvista.org—Coordinates the Roller Skating Party in January.
- Event—WaterWorks—Carrie B @ V3_EventCoorPart2@gsvista.org—Coordinates the Waterworks event in February.
- Fall Product Activity Ambassador—Tammy Miceli @ V3_FallPRAmb@gsvista.org —This volunteer is the point person to the council Product Program Group and has ultimate accountability for the Fall Product Activity within the VISTA. She/he supervises the Motivator and the Order Coordinator Partners for each community within the VISTA.
- Family Involvement Ambassador—OPEN POSITION—v3_MgrUWAmb@gsvista.org—Manages family partnership campaign; encourages fathers, grandparents, and friends to oversee the presentations and process working to make goals; coordinates plans with staff individual campaign specialist; encourages troop committees, shared leadership, and family participation.
- Finance Management Ambassador—Noelle D —firstname.lastname@example.org—Keeps necessary records for VISTA; reports information to council staff accounting manager on a timely basis.
- Girl Membership Ambassador—OPEN POSITION —Plans for recruiting new girl members through various school and community family recruitment events (utilizing the six recruitment and service delivery options); coordinates work of many partner school organizers/recruiters and liaisons; sees girls are placed in existing and new troops/groups; forwards membership registration forms and membership registration fees to registration ambassador; monitors activities of local community events coordinators.
- Internal Communications Ambassador—Renee M—v3_IntComAmb@gsvista.org—Becomes VISTA spokesperson relaying VISTA, council, and GSUSA information through a "blended communications" plan (VISTA Web pages, VISTA meetings, VISTA newsletter for those without Internet access); works closely with director of volunteerism and communication.
- Learning Opportunities Ambassador—POSITION OPEN—v3_MgrUWAmb@gsvista.org—Combination of orientation specialist and/or trainer. Coordinates, conducts, and/or assists with trainings (age-level and special topics) within a VISTA; assesses volunteers’ training needs, and keeps records; facilitates "e-groups" (e-mail groups) to answer or re-direct questions; addresses face-to-face training questions through informal study groups at VISTA meetings; identifies and reports trends to staff adult training coordinator; promotes blended learning opportunities.
- Manager/United Way Ambassador—Renee M—v3_MgrUWAmb@gsvista.org—Each VISTA Manager/UW Ambassador oversees a VISTA "cabinet" and reports to the director of membership and program. A staff membership specialist assists. VISTA manager/UW ambassador; creates meeting agendas; collects current information from each ambassador; coordinates the work of the cabinet.
- Public Relations Ambassador—POSITION OPEN—Reports communities’ activity news to local newspapers and radio, following a monthly theme calendar; shares same information with staff director of public affairs and external relations so that feature stories and press releases can be developed and reported to the board of directors; becomes VISTA spokesperson in the various communities.
- Registration Ambassador—Lisa G—email@example.com—Oversees troops’ membership data entries (preferably entered at the troop level); verifies VISTA membership records with council records.
- Trip Application Coordinator—Renee M—V3_MgrUWAmb@gsvista.org—Approves all trip applications submitted by Troops who wish to stay overnight at an event.
- Webmaster—Renee M—V3_webmaster@gsvista.org—The Webmaster will cross-train with the Internal Communications Ambassador and provide coverage of the VISTA Web sites.