Hawthorn Community Leader Meeting Minutes for 03/12/2007
1. Send email address updates to Valerie Parker. This is the major form of impromptu and emergency communication in our Community.
2. Please note that April 16 is double punch day at the HUB.
3. Cookie activity update from Jeanne Dimick. If your troop ordered incentives, please pick them up from Jeanne, her dining room is overflowing! If you ordered 3 or more cases from the trailer, be sure to calculate the $1 profit as there is no space on the form for this. Cookie money is due to Jeanne as close to March 24 as possible. Operation Sweet Treat cookies are due to Jeanne after spring break.
4. Thank you to Stacey Lieberman for coordinating our troop photos! She will have them at the April VISTA meeting.
5. Winter Event update from Janine Johnston and Susie Saliba. There are just about 100 girls going to the Bowling Event March 18 – THIS SUNDAY!
6. Friendship Fair update from Julie Harty and Donna Callen. 14 Troops have registered for a booth so far – there are still spots available. All scouts of Hawthorn (booth or not) are welcome to attend and learn the fun of art! All attendees must register with Julie/Donna.
7. Daisy/Brownie Try-It update from Mary Scudella and Jami Pacer. The Movers TryIt will be earned. The cost is $5 per girl, due by April 9. A flyer is coming out shortly.
8. Earth Day update from Janine Johnston and Donna Callen. We will be caring for the earth at Equestrian Connection near 94 and Bradley Rd, on May 20, from 12:30-3:30. This is a very loving environment for special needs kids that has recently expanded and needs our help. A flyer is coming out shortly.
9. Junior Badge Workshop is scheduled for May 18. Troop 3773 will be coordinating this and a flyer will be coming out shortly.
10. Girl Membership/Registration update from Janine Johnston and Barb Whalen. We have 4 new Daisy troops and 26 girls waiting to be placed. Our Community is certainly growing thanks to Janine and Barb!
11. Public Relations update from Jami Pacer. If your troop is reaching out to the community in any way, please contact Jami for a publicity opportunity, or send her your photos with a description of what your troop did. She will help to get it in a local newspaper.
12. www.makingfriends.com has a section called Badge In A Bag that is a very helpful, inexpensive way to get supplies and ideas for petals, try its and badges.