Caroling for Cans - Lake Villa/Lindenhurst
Monday, November 27, 2006 -
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Cub Foods, 965 E. Rollins Road, Round Lake, Illinois
Caroling for Cans
For years, Lake Villa Township Food Pantry has depended on local Girl Scout troops to collect food for needy families. Please help us meet that need once more…
1) Schedule your troop to sing carols at Butera Foods store on Route 132 in Lindenhurst and collect canned goods.
2) Drop off your donations at the Lake Villa Township building on
Sunday, December 17th from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. No later than 2:00 p.m., please.
3) Stay to help sort donations and fill boxes between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Yes, we’re ordering cute patches @ about $1.50 ea. Ask Barb.
Time slots are available 2 hours a night Monday-Friday and several hours on Saturday and Sunday.
Did you know that Girl Scouts are the ONLY organization providing township residents with food baskets at Christmas? WE NEED YOUR PARTICIPATION!!!
And please note the following rules per Butera’s managers:
1. At no time are we to block the front doors when caroling.
2. Make sure girls are not running around the store (they need to be supervised by an adult at all times).
3. Only one Girl Scout troop per hour (10-12 girls only).
4. Troops need to bring some type of container to collect food in (a box wrapped in Christmas paper would be nice)
FROM GIRL SCOUT TROOP 3702--THANKS, EVERYBODY!
See the attached flyer for a list of items the Food Pantry needs.
To reserve your caroling time—November 27 to December 16th
Call BARB O
Click to download registration/permission documents for this event