Beach Park, Great Lakes, North Chicago, Waukegan, Winthrop Harbor, Zion
VISTA Meeting Detail
April Leader Meeting
Thursday, April 8, 2010 - 7 pm
Memorial United Methodist Church, Zion
Leader Meeting Minutes 4/8/10
· You need an application & background check for all new volunteers.
· Applications are to be sent directly to the Vernon Hills Service Center
· All issues w/volunteer applications are handled by the service center directly with the applicant not by the leaders.
· If application is approved a letter is sent to the volunteer
· Contact our Cluster (Vista) Rep Lillia Sanders if you need applications for volunteers (background checks). These are not available online.
· Lupe Santos is the person who processes the background checks at the Vernon Hills Service Center. Only she & her boss see them.
· Lupe can be reached at 847-573-0500 x 2401 or at LSantos@girlscoutsgcnwi.org
Troop Numbers – we should now be using our 5 digit troop number (beginning with 4) on everything.
· Early Registration is from April 1st through June 30th, 2010.
· Elise has registrations for all existing troops
· Each girl registered during early reg. Will receive a patch
· National dues are $12. If a grant is needed for this, write grant on registration form (activity grants are not used for this).
· New brochures for Family Partnership
· Every family donating to Family Partnership will get a window decal & if donating over $25 will be listed in news letter.
· Print online or copy from leader manual.
· These are handled separately from the registrations.
· Activity grants can cover troop dues, travel, uniforms, books & activities. They do NOT cover national registration dues.
From Council – please see the attachments to Elise's email “Spring Registration” on 4/9/10. This will list information about Journey World, training calendars, council events, camp opportunities, program events, Great America tickets, & more.
“Survivor” Style Training – Early registration for this adult training camp ends on April 24th – you won't want to miss this one! Have fun with “Survivor” style challenges.
· Friday, June 11 to Sunday, June 13 at Camp Juniper Knoll in East Troy, WI.
· $55 per person if registered by April 24th, $65 if registering between April 25th & the May 15th deadline.
· Includes t-shirt, training supplies, lodging, meals.
· Register with code 19807 at www.girlscoutsgcnwi.org
· For the 2010-2011 year, each month a troop will be responsible for planning a Cluster (Vista) event. Since there is 12 months to a year and about 36 troops, If you plan an event for this year you will not have to plan for 2 years.
· Sign up for your month starting at the next leader meeting (whether you have your idea yet or not).
· Your troop will be responsible for organizing, collecting money (always collect before the event or ticket ordering), & carrying out the event.
· Have the girls or parents do the planning if you prefer.
· Try to keep the cost of the event less than $10.00 a person (including $1.00 for patch, $1.00-2.00 profit for the vista. (we have no money)
· Try to keep events appropiate for all age levels (age 5 & up). If we have enough events, we can plan more for specific age groups.