Beach Park, Great Lakes, North Chicago, Waukegan, Winthrop Harbor, Zion
VISTA Meeting Detail
March Leader Meeting
Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 7 pm
Memorial United Methodist Church, Zion
Leader Meeting Minutes 3/11/10
Blank Registrations – Deana has both girl & adult blank registrations. These are for new registrations only.
Vista Bucks – remember you earn Vista bucks for our leader auctions (unannounced) by attending leader meetings. You can ear extra bucks by organizing a Vista Event or finding us a new leader.
World Thinking Day Patches are in. Contact Deana.
Dancing Horses – register (code 577) online at www.girlscoutsgcnwi.org/program/search.php.
· June 19, 2010 8:30am to 4:15pm
· Cost $22 per person (includes snack & fun patch) **bring a lunch**
· Bus transportation provided from Vernon Hills Reg. Service Center
· See dancing horse show
· Walk butterfly exhibit
· Take country wagon ride through 40 acre equestrian facility
· Visit baby animal barn
· Tour Indian village
· Meet exotic birds
Summer Camp Booklets – Deana has some
Volunteer Training –
Survivor Style Training –
· Friday, June 11 to Sunday, June 13 at Camp Juniper Knoll in East Troy, WI.
· $55 per person if registered by April 24th, $65 if registering between April 25th & the May 15th deadline.
· Includes t-shirt, training supplies, lodging, meals.
· Register with code 19807 at www.girlscoutsgcnwi.org/program/search.php.
Volunteer Essentials Training–
· Wednesday, March 24th 6:30 to 9pm at Morrison (Lake Villa) – Deana can provide some transportation if you contact her.
· Register online with code 19344 at www.girlscoutsgcnwi.org/program/search.php.
· New leaders or those who haven't done training since becoming a leader under the GCNWI council (exempt if you became a leader while council was IL Crossroad).
· You may begin to register your girls for your new troop before taking the training, but you may not hold a regular meeting with the girls until completing the training.
Level Training –
· If switching level (i.e., your girls bridge), you must complete new training. If you have troops of different levels & training times overlap, just choose the training for whatever is the majority of your girls. Register on line with code at www.girlscoutsgcnwi.org/program/search.php.
· Daisy training – April 13th at Morrison 6-9pm, code 19406
· Brownie training – April 21st at Morrison 6-9pm, code 19507
· Junior training – April 21st at Morrison 6-9pm, code 19604
· Cadette/Senior/Ambassador training – April 21st at Morrison 6-9 pm, code 19703
Round Table Training – this is for established leaders/trainers