1. SIGN IN
2. OPENING FLAG CEREMONY –Ellen S.
** Note – sign your troop up to lead opening flag ceremonies at our meetings this year! A sign-up sheet is posted at the check-in table.
3. NEW BUSINESS
a. 2007-2008 Registration
1. VISTA Registration Ambassador – Marybeth G.
1. completed ’08 membership registration forms, (after completing E council data entry processing), & validated deposit slips are due to VISTA Registration Partners by Oct. 5, 2007.
2. Note: ’08 Fall Reg. due to the Hub no later than Oct. 12, 2007.
3. Remember registrations can be processed throughout the year. Do not hold the troop reg. forms waiting for additional forms.
4. Register all girls & adults for ’07-’08 Girl Scout Membership year in order to participate in Fall Product Activities and Cookie Program.
5. Secure a password for the membership database by completing the E Council Waiver Form & send to the Hub by fax 847-473-0400, email at email@example.com or mail assoon as possible. You will receive your password by email.
2. Community Partners
a. Riverside/North Riverside/WestchesterRegistration Area 333 –
Registration Area 306 –
1. Please contact community registration partners and/or VISTA Registration Ambassador with questions or requests regarding registration.
3. Review of VISTA 11 registration goals –
As of 8/23/07
a. Girl Goal ’06-’07: 1,210 girls
Current: 482 girls in troops
328 girls through (staff-led)
b. Adult Goal ’06-’07: 449 adults
Current: 216 adults
c. Family Partnership Goal $9,149
d. Our VISTA goal is to start 15 new troops in the months of Sept. and Oct.
b. VISTA Website – Laura M.
1. Laura M. is our Internal Communications Ambassador, she will help us stay connected and with her help we will have VISTA Agendas & Minutes posted on our VISTA 11 Website.
c. 2007-2008 Fall Product – Terri I.
1. QSP Magazines:
Theme: Treasure Your Mind
2. Ashdon Frams Nuts & Chocolates
Theme: Treasure Your Health
3. Magazine & nut/chocolate order
taking is Oct. 12 – 28, 2007
4. 10 nut/chocolate products to choose from ranging
in prices from $5-$7
5. NEW This Year!!!
a. You no longer have to buyan item by the case but there is a minimum order requirement of 12 nut/chocolate items (magazine orders don’t count towards this minimum)
b. troops/groups receive 15% proceeds in combined sales of magazine & nut/chocolate products
c. Girls can earn incentives based on their combined sales!
d. also the incentives structure has been re-vamped, it will be easier for girls to attain incentives.
6. Troop/group delivery dates, Nov. 16 – 1st wk. of Dec. 2007
7. Launched! Online training
VISTA Order Coordinator for the troop/group & Motivator for the troops/group, please go to www.ilcrossroads.org
d. Review vacant ambassador/partnership positions
1. Volunteer VISTA Cabinet descriptions available upon request.
2. Staff liaisons available for each position.
3. Volunteer position by appointment.
4. Positions open, please consider.
5. We will cover VISTA Cabinet positions and descriptions at our next VISTA meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2007.
e. Field Trip applications – Loretta H.
1. Please submit trip applications directly to the Hub c/o Loretta Hernandez, Membership/Marketing Specialist.
2. Forms can be obtained through GSICC website
3. Friendly reminder to obtain proper training (i.e. CPR, 1st Aid, etc.)
f. Storage & supplies – Josie D. P.
1. Did you know that VISTA 11 has local resources? Yes, our VISTA has flags, books, program boxes and other resources for your use conveniently located in the community. Please contact Josie for more details.
g. Camporee –
1. A weekend (Sept. 21-23, 2007) of camping, mystery, and fun! For more information please contact Margaret H.
h. Financial update (VISTA, community &
troop accts.) – Ginger D.
1. An overview of our VISTA’s financial state. Please contact Ginger D. with requests and/or questions.
4. COUNCIL NEWS/UPDATES – Loretta H. & Angela K.
A. Girl Scout Adventures – Sept. ‘07
1. Information can be found online by going to: VISTA 11/Connect with the latest VISTA news
2. What is it? Additional tips and ideas of where to go & things to do.
B. 2007-2008 Cookie Program –
1. ABC Bakers
Theme: Ready, Set, Go!
Mascot: Build-A-Bear Puppy/Dog
2. $4/box & 8 Varieties
a. Thin Mints
b. Caramel deLites®
c. Peanut Butter Patties®
d. Peanut Butter Sandwich
h. NEW!!! Cinna-Spins, ea. box contains 5 ready-to-grab-and-go 100 calorie packs
3. All cookies ZERO grms Trans fat
Plan A: $0.75/box troop/group proceeds, plus councilincentives
Plan B: $.85/box troop/group proceeds, nocouncil incentives
5. This is a girl driven program.
6. Riverside/N. Riverside/Westchester Reg. Area 333:
Motivator: Audrey K.
Order Coordinator: Audrey K.
Incentives: Audrey K.
Berwyn Reg. Area 306:
Order Coordinator: VACANT
C. VISTA mtg. schedule –
1. Please reference your green postcard sent to you. See you next month!
D. Adult Recognitions –
1. Please reference item “O” on agenda
E. New Girl Program Initiatives –
1. Programs in a binder available for your use and will be stored in our VISTA storage.
a. Parts of a Computer
1. Girls can learn all
about computers: how to take them apart & put them back together!
2. Girls can reserve the Motorola
Mission Explore Laboratory to complete activities.
b. Creating a Business/Event
1. Helps girls to take the lead!
F. Panorama –
1. New edition this year! GSICC publication, a wealth of information right at your fingertips.
2. Please contact Carol B. if you need a copy.
G. Fall Resources Packet Contents –
1. STEM Saturdays
a. What is STEM? Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
b. For more information contact Courtney F. @ The Hub 847-573-0500, ext. 2512
c. Future STEM program boxes for our VISTA, please stay tuned and check our VISTA11 website under Girl Program for further details.
d. For more information please reference the bright yellow sheet
2. Healthy Living Initiative –
Fit to Be Me!
a. Five (5) modules, release dates and more information on orange sheet.
b. Fit to Be Me! Event on Saturday, May 3, 2008.
c. Launched! Module I on VISTA 11 website under Girl Program.
d. Girls learn how to become healthier and happier!
3. Motorola Mission Explore Laboratory
a. Who? All girls ages 9-17, up to 16 girls. Please reference brown sheet.
b. Supports Girl Scout’s new Leadership Development Model initiative Discover, Connect, and Take Action.
c. Mobile Interest Projects (MIPs) – What? Preassembled kits, consist of self-guided, topic focused, curriculum units. Girls can utilize kits through their VISTA. More details to come!
4. Scouting License Plates –
a. Governor of IL signed the Boy Scout & Girl Scout License Plate Bill, August 22, 2007.
b. Please stay tuned to VISTA 11 website for more details!
H. Reservation Reminders –
a. GSICC offers 18 month calendar for all your event planning needs please visit http://www.ilcrossroads.org/Calendar/ or click here.
I. Teen Girl Summit, Aspire 2B! - Angela K.
a. When? Saturday, Sept. 29,
b. For all girls ages 13-17.
c. For more info. contact Angela K. after Sept. 18, 2007 @ The Hub.
J. Activity Grants
1. In order to receive scholarship for ’07-’08, a completed report needs to handed in for ’06-’07 detailing grant expenditures.
2. Please send to The Hub c/o Financial Assistance.
3. Do not include this form with other paperwork, mail separately.
K. Happy Hollow Take Down/Tidy Up –
1. What? Help prepare Happy Hollow Program Center for the winter season.
2. When? Friday, October 19, 2007
2. Fantastic service project opportunity!
3. Please visit GSICC website under Reservations for more details.
M. Shop News –
1. New uniforms!
2. Call, fax, or email your order.
3. FREE SHIPPING! orders > $25,
4. Up to 5lb weight limit.
5. Double punch days!
6. Earn $15 coupon for every $100 purchased.
7. GSICC shop will be closed Monday, Sept. 29, 2007 for inventory.
8. Visit us and help support your local council!
N. Volunteer Agreement Forms (keep top copy)
1. Forms will be collected at our next meeting.
O. Beaman-Denoyer Award
1. Please visit GSICC website/Forms/Adult Recognitions Folio for more info.
2. VISTA 11 entitled to two (2) nominations per reg. area. Submit your nominations now!
P. Starter Binders – Carol B.
1. Help us connect new leaders with the resources they need, contact Carol B.
Q. Girl & Adult new Recruitment Flyers –
1. Info. online by going to: VISTA 11/Connect with the latest VISTA news
2. Great marketing tools just a click away!
R. Tax Letter & Insurance Forms
1. Tax Letter can be found in Panorama, Red Section, pg. 30
2. Insurance Forms can be found online by going to: Forms/Health & Safety Forms or online by going to: VISTA 11/Connect with the latest VISTA news
S. Let’s Get Together Fall Kickoff & Forum –
1. Overview and Leader feedback
T. Program Boxes –
1. Have fun and save time with program boxes!
2. Conveniently located in our VISTA 11 storage.
3. Program Boxes Descriptions:
1. Birds Program Box
2. Compass Skills Program Box
3. Explore Nature Program Box
4. GirlBIZ Program Box
5. Recycle Program Box
6. Rocks & Minerals Program Box
7. Why Knot? Program Box
U. The International Houby Festival Parade – Sandy C.
1. Floor opened for discussion on this event, VISTA will not participate this year.
1. Girl Scout Make a Plate –
a. One set available for every troop
2. Girl Scout Religious Awards Training –
a. Please visit VISTA11 website,
Latest VISTA news for dates, time & locations in Oct.
3. If you should have any questions regarding agenda or minutes please contact Loretta H. or Angela K. at The Hub.
4. If you would like to be included in the VISTA meeting agenda please contact Loretta H. at The Hub by the 1st of every month.
5. In order to preserve paper & trees (use resources wisely) we will attempt our best to post the agenda 4-5 days prior to our VISTA meeting therefore limited copies of the agenda will be available at the meeting. Please be sure to bring your copy.
Next Meeting –
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Thank you for coming!!!